Saturday, June 6, 2009

Clapoteez

I suppose, as the nerdy french major, that the plural of Clapotis is Clapotises but I would just spell it phonetically for you in today's blog post title.

Tomorrow at the shop we're having a clapotis knit-a-long. I'm going to knit my 4th clapotis, but this time for my dear Aunt Sharman. It's been a crazy year and I think a bamboo clapotis will be perfect for her. I'm going to use Royal Bamboo in the variegated blue colorway. I hear a bunch of people are coming out to sit and knit with me so that's fab!

In other news, the shop has some great Candace Eisner Strick kits.

DSC_0324

We also have a great selection of Rowan bags that Kate is modeling here. Who is going to be our model when Kate goes to Tech?

DSC_0328

DSC_0329

Last night I was very productive. You might remember last year we all made (or, in my case, attempted) Norah Gaughan's Flow out of Seduce. Well, I started mine on size 4s or something crazy, and then Mimi was like "why on earth are you knitting on 4s?!" I then switched to size 7s, not thinking that my gauge would be totally different. Haven't you ever had these moments of knitting denial? Where you know somewhere deep down that it's not smart, but you'd rather give it a try than start over? Well, here is the result:

DSC_0350

It could fit Dwight Howard. Like, I think it's the size of his jersey. Also, I hope the Magic at least stay within ten points tonight or else I'm going to fall asleep.

It turned out so badly that I can't bear to try it again. I'm thinking of Pucker but will probably just do a simple cardi. In any case, Flow is now a ziplock bag full of yarn.

DSC_0356

Anouk is almost done, but I dont want to post a pic until it's done. Baby Charlotte Kate arrived last Tuesday though so I need to get this thing done!

My brother is also recovering nicely. Everyone tell your kids- when you're swimming around a boat, make sure the motor is off.

See you at the knit-a-long!

No comments:

Contributors

Stats