Friday, June 26, 2009

A sweater for my brother

When I was twelve years old, my parents had their third kid. Little did we know, he would be the perfect person. His name is Will and I think everyone in the family agrees that he's the best of all of us. The nicest, most adorable, most kind, most caring, and definitely the funniest.

When I graduated from high school, I remember looking into the stands and seeing my baby kid and thinking "when he graduates from high school, i'll be 30." Well, he just graduated and it was quite surreal. The baby of the family is now 6' 3", towering over all of us. He's a star basketball player (Robert started him at like 2) and he's heading to the University of Missouri in August for college.

DSC_0555

I'm making him a sweater for college. It's 1824 Mission Falls and I'm going to do something very simple, Elizabeth Zimmermann's Seamless Hybrid. I made a miniature to give him on graduation day.

DSC_0587

I'm going to write a message in the hem for him and I need some advice. Do I write "Will- We Love You!" or "Will- We (heart) U!" I'm sort of leaning towards spelling out the words because he will have this sweater forever and who knows if in fifty years people will still be text messaging. I'm putting a poll up on the side of the blog so you can vote!

No comments:

Contributors

Stats