Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Breaking News: The 4 Miler Afghan is Complete!

006

Thank you so much to those of you who knitted a square for this incredible blanket. It's going to keep the winner of the 4 Miler Afghan raffle very warm this winter. You can enter the raffle at the shop, at the race check in on Friday night, and at the event on Saturday morning at Foxfields. The raffle tickets are $5 each or 5 for $20.

Here are a few more pictures from our photo shoot today...

013

019

010

All of the proceeds of this raffle will go towards the UVA Cancer Center Breast Care Program. We LOVED making this. If any of you are interested in making a square next year, please email me at ecareyincville@gmail.com and we'll put together a list and contact you in the Spring to start knitting your squares.

We had a fun weekend at the shop. The Olympics are over, and that means the Ravelympics are over. Look at Vilde's Tangled Yoke that she knit in 17 days!

015

And it's now done and even more beautiful...

2803302079_d8e7b5d440

And here is our dearest Marilyn modeling a newly finished argyle sleeveless made from yarn that she had for 20 years in her stash.

011

And after my sad ravelympics end (my Flow doesn't seem to be the size I wanted it, but there still could be hope) I eyed Mimi's alpaca and thought "I must design something for this." So, here I am, dreaming of cables and cables...

016

I'm sure you're all planning your new projects now to watch during the UVA vs. USC game on Saturday...don't all knitters like football? Have any of you seen the Twist Collective? I've got Bonnie on my list. It's starting to feel like Fall already, and in my world, Fall=cables. Does anyone else feel this way? I think I've mastered cabling sans cable needle, so maybe this will go faster than previous arans...

Keep us updated with everyone you're knitting. Come in this weekend- I'll be there Sunday, digital camera in hand!

Elizabeth

2 comments:

Krista said...

I think I may have to call the shop and order raffle tickets over the phone! I'll be doing it for my Aunt.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Contributors

Stats