Saturday, January 2, 2010

A sweater in record time

I knitted a jacket for my mother in two weeks. It's a really cute pattern that was not given justice at all in the Filatura di Crosa Spring/Summer 2009 booklet.

brilla jacket

This photo is literally on the back cover of the book. Oddly enough, I think it's the nicest thing in the book.

Here is the medium size (that is probably a normal person's large) out of Merino Sei color 405.

drape-front

DSC_0039

My favorite thing about this pattern is the pleats. I've never knitted pleats before. They are basically really big cables that you bind off in the middle of. My least favorite thing about this pattern is the drastic error in yardage needed. I needed about 500 more yards than they called for. Oh well, all in the name of couture and the need to keep my mother warm on her January trip to Poland.

No comments:

Contributors

Stats