Sunday, January 11, 2009

Holiday Knitting, check. Many more projects to go!

I finished Elijah #2 this morning and was thrilled when Nora, Charles, and baby Henry walked in the shop! Here is a play by play...

Henry

Question: Could this child be cuter? I want to knit him an entire heard of elephants. Judging by the smiles and immediately sticking it in his mouth, I'm pretty sure Henry likes it. Sweet!

Kate has a new F.O. It's called Vanilla from the Rowan New Shapes collection.

DSC_0275

And Dianne came in with her almost finished Be Sweet Diagonal Scarf. So pretty!

besweetdiagonalscarf

Mimi is in the midst of an inventory. This means arranging yarn after it's been counted...and then possibly buying all of it after dreaming about color combinations in a yoke sweater or fair isle mittens...

babyull

This was too cute to not take a picture. Susan's son, Isaac, entertained himself while we talked about our projects. Note to self: Baskets can be used in more ways than I know of right now.

isaac

Here is a photo I took on the mall today. It was adorable!!!

DSC_0255

More to come this week. Now that we're officially in 2009, what are you knitting for yourself?

I have a new idea- make every swatch into a tree ornament. This could take some major creativity (i.e. who needs rectangles all over their tree?) but I think I can fudge little sweaters, mittens, and purses out of a 4X4 square.

1 comment:

Jane said...

I think that's a great idea, and it will make a pretty tree.

Contributors

Stats