Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Weekend Update

For those of you who are SNL fans, I hope you appreciate this post's title. I watched the Best of Chris Farley last night so I had to reference it somehow...

This weekend we had loads of fun. As Mimi is on Peaks Island, my favorite place on earth (and where I've spent summers since I was five), we are here baking in the july sun. BUT, when you have air conditioning, you don't mind knitting wool socks or afghans!

koigu sock
Here is one koigu sock, knit on size 1 dpns. It's harder than you think to take a picture of a sock when you're wearing it. I'm sure I looked really nuts on the mall on Sunday doing that...

Show off ruffle skirt
Kayla with her almost finished Show off Ruffle Skirt. Isn't this awesome!??!!

show off ruffle skirt 2
A close up...

Debbie and Tiger lilly
Here is Debbie with her newly finished afghan square. The Needle Lady is donating an afghan to the Charlottesville Women's Four Miler and several of our loyal customers are knitting up squares for us to sew together. They are pouring in like hotcakes! I love this little cat square. It's in honor of Tiger Lilly. This makes me want to knit up a cat afghan, even though I'm really a dog person. How hard would it be to make this a doggie square? Hmmmm...

Tiger Lilly square

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I got the reference to Dennis Miller (bet you thought I was going to say Tina Fey!).
Thanks for posting about the cat square. After seeing that Youtube video of the lion, I'm feeling particularly feline-inclined today so I got a little teary at the mention of Tiger Lily!
Thanks again, see you soon.
Debbie

Leslie Shelor said...

I'm green with envy because Kayla's skirt looks fantastic on her!

Anonymous said...

Kayla, That is a GREAT skirt! and you look terrific in it. I think I might just need one made of linen.

Contributors

Stats