Saturday, August 22, 2009

Italy photos!

This sums up my Italy trip:

DSC_1026

We laughed our heads off, I knitted, we stayed at a Villa and had this incredible view that we never really believed, and I knitted.

I took a TON of yarn, as I previously told you, and the trip actually ended up being a tad touristy (day trips and then coming back to the Villa to jump in the pool) so it wasn't exactly a sleep late, knit by the pool kind of trip, but long plane rides and occasional soccer games in Italian proved for some good craft hours.

DSC_1019

This was after two or three days of working on the back of the Must Have Cardi. I did the entire back and that was my goal! Woo hoo!

This pic gives you more detail of the cables. I LOVE maps so I thought this was a cool pic.

DSC_1118

I cable without a needle so it goes VERY fast. This is Mission Falls 1824- such an incredible yarn!

My Tuscan yarn crawl consisted of this: a woman who owns her own shop made of hand woven garments

DSC_1070

and Casa de la Lana in Siena- the only shop I found. The owners 1. spoke no english (heck yeah Italian 101 in college! I loved speaking it and the rest of my crew nicknamed me Rosetta after Rosetta Stone- haha), 2. did not know their shop was listed in Nicky Epstein's knitting in Tuscany, and 3. thought I was Nicky Epstein. I WISH I had her talent. I did clarify that I am not Nicky Epstein.

DSC_1263

Susan and I are both at the shop tomorrow (Sunday the 23rd) so come see us and see all the new great stuff the shop has! New Classic Elite books really make you realize that Fall is on its way!

No comments:

Contributors

Stats