Monday, April 28, 2008

Thursday Night Knitting, May 1st

Please join us at the shop from 5-8 on Thursday and bring your finished projects for the blog. I'll hopefully be wearing Camellia. I took a mini road trip with my mom and aunt this weekend, and since my mom won't let anyone else drive with her in the car, I got a serious amount of knitting done. I have officially decided that I don't like knitting lace. Margaret, I know you're mad at me now, but it's just so hard to concentrate that hard on something! It's like a math equation- if one thing is slightly off, the whole thing is wrong. I ripped out a lot of this baby, but I did make one mistake and leave it because I was just sick of ripping and I think I can make it look better by top stitching one little thing.

So, whatever you are knitting, bring it on Thursday and keep me company. We'll do a blog post on what our customers are knitting. It could be a collage...what a fun project.

I'll post pictures of my darling Camellia soon...must do some blocking.

1 comment:

Margaret said...

LOL! Not everyone has to like lace, that leaves more for me! Seriously, one of the reasons some like to knit complex patterns, like lace, is because you do have to concentrate hard enough that you cannot also be thinking about an aggravating day at the office, or whatever life events are on your mind. It's an escape. And, there are other lacy knits that are small, repetitive, and can be soothing (or tedious, it depends), and that don't take quite as much brain power. So, try something to see if you like it. Then, knit what you like!

Contributors

Stats