Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Spring projects

Even though I love knitting with merino wool so much that I picture myself knitting all of my winter sweaters in the summer, I have found a yarn that I think I want to knit an entire summer wardrobe out of: Classic Elite Cotton Bam Boo. After a really hard month of work, I woke up last saturday with the urge to knit something beautiful for myself. I had seen this pattern and I thought "ugh, lace, I don't have the patience to do that" but then I saw it on Saturday morning and I thought "I must knit this...today!"

Here is Camellia, by Kate Gilbert, out of the book "Make it Modern"

CE-Make-It-Modern-D04-Cotton-Bam-Boo-Sleeveless-Top

I've knit about half of the back so far and I've only gone through one and a half skeins. The feel is indescribable. It's soft and light and cool. Those are the only adjectives that I can think of right now. I wish you could reach through the computer moniter and feel this yarn. It has an amazing drape that I think will flatter any figure. Speaking of, it motivates me to eat well!

here is my progress so far...pictured on my parents' beautiful green grass...

bam boo camellia

Another thing I had to make the second I saw this book is this:

CE-Make-It-Modern-350

I knit about three fourths of it during a concert last night. It's so cute- one skein of hempathy on size 4 addis.

hempathy leaf scarf

Our local good samaritan (Victoria) is knitting an adorable baby blanket right now for charity. What an angel. It's out of cotton classic in lots of great colors. She's done a basket stitch and has calculated that it is 25,000 stitches. Doesn't that make you wish that you also used public transportation on your way to work? Less money on gas = more knitting.

notice the blue crocheted border

wreath 042

And one more of her fabulous shawl out of the new bamboo...so pretty.

Bamboo


Please let me know if you plan to make Camellia because there are two different sleeves you can choose from. Take a look at www.kategilbert.com

Happy knitting and send us pictures of your projects...or better yet, come in and see us!

No comments:

Contributors

Stats