Sunday, September 27, 2009

Jane Slicer Smith Rocks the Party

Does anyone know what the title of this blog is referring to? Flight of the Conchords! Jemaine, if you ever read this blog (oh wait, we DID have a hit in New Zealand once!) please come visit Charlottesville. I'll take you to Monticello and Mas- two Cville staples:)

Anyways, we have had SUCH a wonderful weekend with Jane Slicer Smith. Several classes, lots of trying on Jane's garments and refitting them to all of our shapes and sizes, looking at projects that we didn't exactly feel good about to see how we can fix whatever might be wrong with them. She's SO nice, and SO smart. Take a look at this photo montage to get a glimpse of our adventures together...

My creation

DSC_0204

Jane has a new book out, Swing Swagger Drape. Not only does it have really beautiful patterns (lots of them in the photos above) but it has a great section on size and how to fit garments to our body. It also has a photo journal of Australia at the back. Jane lives in Sydney and the book was shot down under. She is really the best teacher I've ever had. I wish I could be her personal assistant...Jane? Are you hiring? I'll fetch a diet coke whenever you like just so I can absorb some of your knowledge!

No comments:

Contributors

Stats