Monday, July 13, 2009

Summer is for baby knitting

I always end up knitting lots of baby items in the summer. Fall and Winter are for knitting warm cozy cabled sweaters by the fire, Spring is for shawls, scarves, and socks, and then we're back at baby knitting.

My wonderful friends Jane and Todd just welcomed Charlotte Kate to the world. (Remember the dream I had where she referred to her belly as Charlotte and I was right? Yikes. It might be because I live in Charlottesville, but still...)

Here is dearest Charlotte:

DSC_0797

You can read more about Charlotte and her twin brothers Owen and Henry here.

I made Anouk for Charlotte with cute apple buttons from Paris. I used Tahki Cotton Classic on size 7 US and duplicate stitched the flowers on the pockets.

DSC_0768

And then at 4:55 a.m. on Saturday, I got a text from my friend Azim that he was a new papa! Baby Aziz arrived and he will soon have a warm cozy BSJ.

DSC_0775

And of course, cute buttons.

DSC_0777

I used US 4 addis on this and literally used leftover Baby Ull that I had in my stash from previous projects. I think I used about 1/2 skein of 3 colors. This is the first BSJ I have ever made and I really loved it. It's made in one piece and very strange looking but once it is molded into shape you really see the genius of Elizabeth Zimmermann.

We're starting to get lots of new stuff in the shop from TNNA. It's totally droolworthy.

First off, lots of Zecca Needlepoint. We've also gotten in some Barbara Russell dogs (one yellow lab, one pug) and several flowers.

Also, Green Mountain Spinnery yarn is now at the N.L. We've got Yarn Over so that YOU can make Linden by Veronik Avery, published by the Twist Collective. (just note that you have to get the pattern from this website)

We also have great new needle cases and Offhand Designs bags.

Come and see us soon and craft on!

No comments:

Contributors

Stats