Sunday, March 29, 2009

"Asking for Flowers"

One of my favorite singers is Kathleen Edwards, a folky, rocky, occasionally angry, awesome chic who sings about horrible break ups, house fires, and hockey. Her newest album is called Asking for Flowers and it's AWESOME. My band sings the title track and I was humming it today and then realized why- I am actually asking for flowers!

Here is what we've got so far...

DSC_0009

And here is my new favorite book...

DSC_0002

So not only are we asking for knitted flowers, but we'd love crocheted, and I've made two so far. I'm aiming for an entire vase full. I have a fun idea involving dowels for the stems. What color would thorns be?

We had lots going on in the shop this weekend. Check out the photos!

DSC_0994

DSC_0996

DSC_0988

Marie sent me this F.O. Check out the adorable bees!

marie's wreath

And a big thank you to George for making my pet christmas ornaments. I am LOVING the needlepoint, folks.

DSC_0990

DSC_0992

DSC_0991

Send me any F.O.s you have and remember, we're asking for flowers! If you bring one in for the window, your name gets entered into the $50 gift certificate drawing. Have a great week, needle lady knitters!

No comments:

Contributors

Stats